Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last week of Summer Vacation

I am falling behind on my blog.... mostly because we have been so busy, and also, my camera ran out of batteries so there wasnt anything too exciting to post.  But I wanted to remember all the fun we have had the past week or so.  Two fridays ago, Gabe and I were able to get out of the house and away from the kiddos for a bit.  We went and saw Wicked at the Capitol Theater.  It was amazing!!  It was Gabes first time seeing it and it was like my 4th time!! SO GOOD!!! 
Since it was one of the last weekends before school started, we decided to take the kids up to the lake again on saturday morning.  It was a really fun day.  We packed sandwich makings, chips and drinks and just let the kids play in the water.  It was relaxing and so peaceful.  When monday rolled around, I thought this was the last full week I get with the kids before school gets going, so I wanted to make it fun.  On monday, my friend came over with her 5 boys and we made marshmallow pops.  I wish I would have gotten more pics, because it was so fun and cute, but thats when my camera decided to die :(   On tuesday, we went to the park, and then the girls went over to a friends house to play.  I was able to stay home and get some cleaning done.  On wednesday we drove up to south ogden to see a friend of mine that bought a house up there.  I haven't seen her since I found out I was pregnant with Gideon, so its been a long time.  Gabe also had that day off from work.  So after visiting with her I came home and was able to spend time with my hubby.  He had a doc appt that day, so he was in a bit of pain from his procedure, but it was still nice to have him around.  Thursday was a really fun day.  We went to my friends house and she had a Harry Potter party.  The kids made and painted some wands.  It took a little longer than we thought, so we didnt have time for the origami snitch.  The kids also went out and played that game from harry potter.... I cant remember what its called, but they had fun.  They watched some of the first movie and ate butter beer cupcakes.  It was really fun.  Afterwards we headed down to salt lake to see family.  It was the first U of U and BYU football games of the year, so we went to my parents house to watch those.  The BYU game ended at like 11:45, so we just stayed at my moms for the night.  On friday we got up and went to see Gabes mom for a bit.  Then we headed to Andi's school to meet her teacher.  She seems super nice and Andi is so excited for school to get started!!!  Saturday we had some of Gabes family over to start the holiday weekend.  Sunday, we went to a baby blessing and then went and saw my grandmother for dinner.  Its always fun to see my kids with her.  Four generations all in the house when we go over there, its fun!!  My grandma is 89 and still going strong.  Its amazing!!!  Monday, Labor Day, we had a relaxing day at home.  Then our friends had us over for a BBQ.  It was fun to let the kids play and have some nice adult conversation!  Overall, I would say this last week of summer vacation was really fun.... and exhausting!!!!!
Beach Babes!!!

Cutest baby on the planet!

Having fun with dads hat

Alex at the beach

Random fun from sunday

Marshmallow pop madness




 
...Goodbye summer days.....

1 comment: