Monday, April 9, 2012

Gideon's Arrival

Our adorable little boy has arrived!
Gideon Gabriel Aguirre
Born on April 4, 2012 at 9:35pm
6 lbs 7 oz and 19.5 inches long


It all started on tuesday the 3rd when I went to the doctor.  I had been having contractions for a few days, but they were not too close together or very consistent or strong.  When I went in for my check up the doctor said I was dialated to a 4 and 70% effaced.  He told me that as soon as my contractions were getting too much to handle, to just head on in to labor and delivery.  That night when Gabe got home from work, they were pretty strong in my back.  But I decided to wait until morning to see how I felt.  And of course, they went away that night while I slept.  But I did wake up at about 4 am on wednesday and couldnt go back to sleep.  The whole morning I felt like maybe I was in labor, but I just wasnt sure.  I decided to pack up the girls and take them to salt lake, so that I could be around family in case my water broke or something.  I headed down to my mother in laws house.  I played outside with the kids and I could tell that things were getting worse.  I called Gabe at about 3:30 and told him that tonight was the night.  He decided to come home then, instead of waiting till after work.  He came and picked me up and we headed to the Hospital.  When I got there, they hooked me up to all the machines and called my doc and he said that he would come to the hospital and break my water.  While we waited for him, I got my epidural and just tried to relax.  The lady who did the epidural must've given me way too much medicine, because I was so tired afterwards.  I was so numb, and not just in my back, I swear she numbed me from my tongue to my toes!  It was kind of annoying how out of it I felt.  But I am grateful for the drugs!
Once my water was broken and things started to progress, things got a little scary.  Every time I had a contraction, the baby's heart rate would drop WAY low!!  I have never had a nurse and my OB stay in the room with me the whole time I'm in labor, but they were concerned about how low it would go and even said I may need an emergency C-section if it didnt get better.  I was freaking out, but trying to contain myself and just relax.  They did some things to see why his heart rate was doing that and decided to put some water back into me and try to float the baby down.... sounds weird, I know, but it worked.... at least for a while.  It started happening again, my doctor checked me and I was only dialated to an 8.  He said that he wanted me to try pushing, even though I wasnt fully ready, that the baby was in distress and needed to come out.  So, they prepped me, and about 5 mins later, (only 3 pushes) he was here!!  And the reason he was having problems, well, he had 2 knots in his cord!! Our little boy was such a mover inside me that he twisted himself up!  How silly!





He barely even cried when he came out! He just looked around, so cute!!

They finally got me into a new room around midnight.  Then they wanted to give the baby a bath.  Gabe took some pictures, I think he looks like his daddy!









I am so grateful to my OB for getting him here safely!
The next day, my mom and dad brought the girls up to see their little brother.  Andi and Alex just loved him, But Josilyn wasnt sure about him at first  :)   Once she held him, she kept saying MY BABY and wouldnt let anyone else even touch him!! It was hilarious! After they were done, Gabe took them home and stayed with them.  It was good for him to have some daddy daughter time!








I went home the next morning, friday, and am so grateful for our new little boy!  He is such a good baby, so far, and I am thinking that our family is now complete!! 














 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH!! He is the sweetest thing!!! I am in love!! I am so excited and happy for you guys. Those lips and hair! Love! Can't wait to come up and see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That is so exciting and he is the sweetest little thing! You are my hero too - 3 pushes and he was out?? WOW! Impressive. Your family is so adorable. I'm so glad you got a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SO handsome, guys! I just love his little face. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow. I am sad I don't live there anymore. I can't believe he came so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful Aguirre baby. You two make cute babies! He does look just like his daddy. So happy that you finally got your little boy. Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete